The first meeting of the Biocircularcities Advisory Board (AB) took place online on 18 March 2022. It was the opportunity for the project partners and the AB members to get to know each other and discuss about the project’s aim and goal.Four members of the AB could participate in the meeting, each with a different focus area, namely:
- John Vos – Biomass Technology Group (Netherlands); bioenergy; biofuels; bio-based products
- Elvira Buonocore – Parthenope University of Naples (Italy): ecology; environment, resources and sustainable development
- Sara Cantone – SPRING-Italian Circular Bioeconomy Cluster (Italy): green chemistry industrial processes; circular bioeconomy
- Francesc Giró – Catalan Waste Agency (Spain): biowaste management, circular economy
An important part of the discussion focused on the project’s challenges and possible synergies with ongoing projects such as:
- BioGOV – Participatory governance to develop and improve regional policies for natural heritage, cultural heritage and biodiversity conservation in complementary European policy contexts
- BIOEAST – Central and Eastern European initiative for knowledge-based agriculture, aquaculture and forestry in the Bioeconomy.
- Tech4Biowaste – Deployment of biowaste technologies and technology configurations by setting up a database providing a comprehensive technology overview
Biocircularcities project harvests from the experience and knowledge from the Advisory Board work and professional networks listed below:
- BTG – BTG Biomass Technology Group specialised in the conversion of biomass into fuels, energy and bio-based raw materials
- SPRING – Italian Circular Bioeconomy Cluster for sustainable processes and resources for innovation and national growth
- CIC – Italian Composting and Biogas Association promoting biowaste recycling and prevention
- UNIPARTHENOPE – University of Naples Parthenope
- ARC – Catalan Waste Agency
Challenges were discussed thoroughly under the perspective of each set of activities within Biocircularcities before exchanging feedback on tangible and exploitable outcomes, exploitation routes and maximizing the impact of the project.
If you want to know more about the missions of the Advisory Board or get to know its members, have a look at its dedicated page.
4 May 2022